Saturday, January 29, 2011

the power of the number 2


the last few weeks of my life have been ridiculously impacted by the number two. did you know that two is only one more than one? yet when it's children we're discussing an increase in, the impact of adding just one more is substantial. substantial as in completely chewing up my life of order and schedule and anticipation for what is to come next, then spitting out something that is completely disorganized and dirty and often smells of poo. with two, i suddenly have four times the amount of laundry to do, six times the stress, half the sleep, and no time to do anything but hold babies. that anything includes showering, using the restroom, cleaning up anything, and constructing the 2011 calendar that i gave my mom for christmas. that's right folks! it's february, and i'm still trying to get christmas gifts out. god help me...

then there's the second major impact. finn is two years old. full-fledged two. flopping-his-body-on-the-ground two. i-learned-i-have-a-voice two. too-much-energy-for-mommy-to-deal-with-when-sleep-deprived two. in a word, exhausting! i love my little man, but whoo boy! he is busy. and often quite defiant. i'm hoping that it's just a phase. i often tell josh to relax and remember that finn is a two year old, and then forget to remember that myself when i'm in a battle for him to put pants on. ever since ada came, we've been expecting so much of him, but seriously. he's still a baby. a giant baby with giant diapers that he orders me to change. i think we might be ready to really potty train, but again, i barely have time to go to the bathroom myself. god help me...

No comments:

Post a Comment