Monday, August 16, 2010

he knows everything

josh has this uncanny ability to start believing something before he has even finished making up the story/definition/situation/whatever. he will start with an "i think" and end with "no, this really happened." example: a conversation we had a couple days ago.

me: what's an astigmatism?
him: well. um. i think it is when your eye wanders off the side. maybe.
me: i don't think so. isn't it a curve in the eye that makes things blurry?
him: no, that's not it. it's a lazy eye. (said very matter of factly)
me: well, the doctor said i have an astigmatism in both eyes.
him: um....
(long pause)
him: wow, you have two lazy eyes?
(long pause)
(me laughing hysterically)

ugh. instead of him saying, "i must be wrong," i became a person with two lazy eyes. i'm not sure what that would look like, but i'm pretty sure my eyes are usually going in the right direction and i just have blurry vision.

1 comment: